(Answers coming up in a few days) Winner gets free colour collage by DJS!l. What great violinist did Delacroix paint
2. What tubercular pianist did he also paint
3. Why is it supposed that Delacroix was illegitimate
4. Who called Delacroix that drunken broom
5. Who left parties when Delacroix was there
6. What is Delacroix's white horse frightened of
7. Where is that painting today and what are its dimensions
8. Which is greater Van Gogh's Letters or Delacroix's Journals. Easy now, 20 sentence answer; give examples
9. Name churches in Paris with Delacroix paintings
l0. What is more shocking in the "Death of Sardanopolis": the depicted killing of a horse and mistresses or a drastic diagonal?
ll What kind of wedding did Delacroix paint?
l2.Defend D from the charge of being an Orientalist.
l3. Name five animals that Delacroix painted.
l4. What was Picasso imitating in a series after D.?
l5. What composer, heralded by Jacques Barzun, was painted by Delacroix
l6. Is it possible that Delacroix painted with Constable?
l7. Name a boat scene in Delacroix taken from scripture.
l8. Was Delacroix more malerisch than deKooning, even?
l9. Who could make a lobster seem as powerful as a horse?
20a Matisse, Delacroix, Picasso: defend your choice of favorite and then defend a relativistic perspective in three paragraphs of clear prose.
-- David Shapiro