Mark Bibbins, poetry editor of "The Awl," has posted the first poem of 2012 to contain an epigraph from Immanuel Kant on a theme usually associated with Edmund Burke. For more, click here. If you are willing to take a brief survey that wll help us serve you better, please answer any of the following questions prior to hanging up:
(1) Is "beauty is truth" a meaningless statetment?
(2) Is a "turkey dinner" a good example of the sublime or should Cole Porter go jump in the lake?
(3) Will the Braves go in front of the Mets on a Jason Hayward home run?
(4) Is baseball sublime? Is basketball beautiful? Where does that leave football?
(5) Is it better to have love and lost than never to have loved at all?