I am not sure how this happened - but I am writing a book of aphorisms. To make matters worse - this book will be published soon! And if that was not bad enough - this will be my very first published book in English!!! Originally it was not supposed to be a book of aphorisms, but rather a book of essays. But once I started to edit my essays, I kept on cutting them down until nothing was left but a couple of phrases. At the very least, I did not want to waste too much of the reader’s time. That is how these aphorisms started and once they started I could not stop writing them… And now I am amazed and terrified because not only this is my debut book in English (my second language), but also a debut in a rather rare genre in which I have never worked before. The book will have different sections (on music, on art, on life, on love, on religion etc.) Today I post a second teaser, this time from the section on love and sex.
1. My desires are undesirable.
2. He was so much in love – he never noticed the object of his infatuation.
3. Generally speaking, gay men are better than straight men. They are more sensitive, more fun, more stylish, more creative, better friends, better listeners... Too bad they are gay.
4. Texting is dangerous not only when driving.
5. How to win an erection.
6. Sex: desirable frictions inevitably leading to undesirable frictions.
7. No, this is not lust – I’m just testing if we are still alive.
8. Accessories make access complicated.
9. We notice very little how little we notice.