Heartfelt happy birthday wishes to Willie Mays born today, on May 6, 1931, echoing the birthday of Sigmund Schlomo Freud on May 6, 1856. The fact that the father of psychoanalysis and the Giants' great center-fielder shared a birthday
(1) would have been deemed inevitable to a student of their natal charts who was also a watcher of the skies.
(2) begs the question.
(3) dares one to arrive at a satisfactory conclusion
(4) proves that the best and most natural of center-fielders was playing unconscious in a sense Freud may be said to have uncovered in his studies of geniuses who had been naughty boys, like Goethe
(5) reminds me of the little-known fact that Mays argued against the view that Freud's thought resembled the Russian Revolution inasmuch as it is said to have betrayed itself from the start, in Freud's case with the concept of the Oedipus complex.
(6) leaves even the most ardent advocates of the children of Taurus convinced that the two had nothing in common but their greatness, but Isn't that enough?